I know, I know, it’s still August what am I doing writing about school style? Although I hate to admit it, back-to-school season is upon us and we need to be prepared. I find myself buying the same few items every year in preparation for school, so I decided to make a guide for my back-to-school clothing essentials! Also, I will try to include both a cheaper and higher quality example of each item.
1) The classic: blue jeans! From Bloomingdale’s to Walmart, you can’t go back-to-school shopping without seeing blue jeans. There’s a reason for that; blue jeans are a staple in your wardrobe because they go with everything and if you find the right pair, can be very comfortable. I love the Bullhead denim jeans from Pacsun and Topshop Jamie jeans!
2) Black jackets: I did mention bomber jackets in my fall fashion post, but black jackets in general are in style any year! My black Patagonia jacket has been my prized possession all through the cold months since I got it for Christmas last year, it is quite pricey but is the warmest, most lightweight jacket I have ever seen. Another great option is a black denim jacket or even a leather jacket.
3) Sneakers are my footwear of choice in early fall (before my actual fav, boots!) because they are lightweight and come in all kinds of variations. High and low top Converse are classics, Supergas are cute too, and Adidas shoes are making a big comeback this year as well! I own the black Adidas Campus shoes and love them.
4) Some of my other essentials are plain t-shirts. I love the ones from Brandy Melville because they so soft and moderately priced! Striped shirts are also a favorite! Overall, plain shirts are great because they match everything, are great for layering, and can be dressed up and down!
5) Getting out of my warm and cozy bed in the morning is my least favorite part of school so I try to balance it out with big open sweaters that are essentially blankets. I love my BDG Parker sweater from Urban Outfitters, but I also found a cute one at Pacsun. They look adorable slouched over a dress or with jeans and a t-shirt. Trust me when I say that you will end up living in huge sweater this school year.